How to Make Your Beauty Business Summit Grant Application Stand Out
The Beauty Business Summit judging panel will look for specific criteria in your Grant application. Here’s what you can do to help your application stand out!
Stand Out with Your Video Application
- 1Professionalism – Smile. Professionally dressed and polished hair and makeup. Your video is filmed in a professional environment (not your car or bedroom). We suggest using a microphone for clear audio quality. No background noise. If you use your phone, be sure it’s in the horizontal position.
- 2Impact – Tell us exactly what you will do with your grant winnings. Be specific. Don’t ramble. Answer the following questions in your video: What is your business mission and why is this important to you? Tell us exactly what you will do with your grant winnings. Be specific. How will the grant winnings affect your community? What positive impact will you have on future licensed beauty industry professionals? How do you plan to pay it forward if you win? Mention if your business is tied to any social causes? How will you use your winnings to enhance your business or recover from any impacts of COVID-19?
- 3Creativity – Stand out with your unique creativity. Be authentic and real. Put good thought and intention into your answers.
- 4Leadership – The Beauty Business Summit rewards leadership. Is your business tied to any social causes? Tell us! We will also be looking at how you currently show up on social media platforms and what you post to your community.
- 5Communication Skills – How well you communicate and answer all of the questions in detail. The judging panel will be looking for confidence and how well-poised you are. Be genuine and honest. Look into the camera. Smile.
- 6How you plan to pay it forward if you win – tell us more. Leadership and creativity may come into play here,
Grant applications open on April 26, 2021, and close on June 21, 2021!
The BBS judging panel will review submissions and five finalists will be announced on July 26, 2021.